Large lots, Great school, prime location
Most of the housing stock in Belleville’s West End was built during the era of hippies, disco, and pet rocks (1960s-1970s); but with plenty of renovated homes and large lots that give you the option to build additions, this neighbourhood certainly isn’t dated.
Bordered by Avondale Road to the west, Sidney Street to the east, Dundas Street West to the south and Moira Street West to the north, the West End can feel like a neighbourhood within a park. With Centennial Park and Exhibition Park as its anchors and the stunning Zwicks Park and Waterfront trails only steps away, this area is well known for its greenspace.
Many amenities, including the Mary Ann Sill Track, Legion Ball Field, the Quinte Bay Gymnastics Club, and the nearby Quinte Curling Club, have made this neighbourhood a draw for active families. The West End’s close proximity to CFB Trenton has also made this neighbourhood popular among members of the military.
Older homes built by Rollins, Keller Homes and Lambert abound in the West End, while Duvanco, Mirtren, and Stinson built properties can be found in the newer developments…There are a good mix of two-storey homes, condo townhouses, and a few highrises. Large lot size is a major selling point in the single-family home market, and the West End’s spacious lots provide ample room for outdoor activities and living or future plans to expand a house’s footprint.
The absence of nearby grocery stores can be frustrating if you need to run out to grab something for dinner, but the West End is blessed with many eateries, so it’s not as though you’ll ever go hungry living here.
- Omni Learning Centre
- William R Kirk School
- Sir John A. Macdonald School
- Susanna Moodie Elementary School
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School
- St. Michael’s Catholic School (French Immersion)
- Centennial Secondary School
- Nicholson Catholic College
- The Sir James Whitney (School for the Deaf)
- Albert College (Private School)
- Loyola School of Adult and Continuing Education
- Loyalist College
Places of Worship
- Belleville Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Hastings Park Bible Church
- Quinte Alliance Church
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Large Lots
- Proximity to CFB – Trenton
- Many eateries.
Not So Great Part
- No grocery stores nearby.
- Mary Brown’s Famous Chicken & Taters!
- Captain George’s Fish and Chips
- Birdy’s Fine Casual Dining
- Greek Banquet Hall
- Olympic 76 Restaurant
- Aji Sai
- Fast Food: Tim Hortons, Menchies
- Exhibition Park
- Sir MacKenzie Bowell Park
- Mary Anne Sills Park and Field
- Centennial Park/Legion Ball Field
- Bayshore West Park
- Duff Park
- Zwicks Centennial Park