Uptown convenience that feels like “home”
Does excessive traffic make your blood boil? Perhaps you’ve silently (or not-so-silently) cursed to yourself as you’ve witnessed a car or truck speeding down your street.
The people who designed the Jackson Woods subdivision in Parkdale have the answer: cul-de-sacs aplenty! You won’t be bothered with speeding through-traffic if you’re living in one of the townhouses, condominiums and single family homes built by Dorann, Geertsma and Hilden around the turn of the millennium.
In fact, this is a very pedestrian friendly neighbourhood. Bordering a wooded area and with a walking path that provides a connection to North Front Street and uptown amenities, most errands don’t even require a car in this subdivision of Parkdale.
And with so many of the city’s popular destinations nearby, you might find you’re out walking quite frequently. Take a stroll to Reid’s Dairy to pick up one of their famous ice cream cones, swing by the Quinte Mall to shop, or head to the One-To-One Health And Fitness Centre, the Belleville Curling Club or the Casino for some recreation or entertainment.
Initially very popular with retirees, in recent years a more mixed demographic has taken up residence here. The standard subdivision sized lots contain mature yards, but also mean you are going to be fairly close to your neighbours. Still, with widespread pride of ownership in the area, you can be confident that you won’t mind living in close quarters with people who take care of their properties.
Jackson Woods/Parkdale may be at the edge of Belleville, but its resident know that everything they need is close by…. except speeding through traffic. They can do without that.
- Park Dale School
- Georges Vanier Catholic School
- Quinte Secondary School
- St. Theresa Catholic Secondary School
- St. Michael’s Catholic School (French Immersion)
- Nicholson Catholic College
- The Sir James Whitney (School for the Deaf)
- Albert College (Private School)
- Loyola School of Adult and Continuing Education
- Loyalist College
Places of Worship
- Parkdale Baptist Church
- Maranatha Christian Reformed Church
- Church of Latter Day Saints
- Pride of Ownership
- Pedestrian Friendly Neighbourhood, Including Jackson Woods/Trail.
- Lots of Cul De Sacs and Streets Designed To Slow Traffic
- Close Proximity to 401, Uptown Shopping, and Casino
Not So Great Part
- Neighbours Are Close
- Linguine’s Italian Restaurant
- Dragon Rolls
- Chuck’s Roadhouse
- Burger Revolution
- Buffet Garden
- Panera Bread
- Montana’s BBQ & Bar
- Boston Pizza
- Greek Oasis
- Belleville Bakery
- Reid’s Dairy
- India Curry House
- Fast Food: Tim Hortons, Starbucks, Harvey’s, Pita Pit, Subway, Domino’s
- Quinte Mall
- Quinte Exhibition
- Quinte Curling Club
- One-To-One Health And Fitness Centre
- Parkdale Community Centre
- Jackson Woods
- Parkdale Veterans Park
- Cascade Park