Before moving anywhere, it is important to understand the “feel” of the city that you may soon call your home. When it comes to Belleville real estate, you will be moving into an active, artistic, food-loving town. Literally meaning “beautiful town,” it includes recreational centers, museums, theaters, galleries, and occasional food festivals.
Belleville has not only great Real Estate but also fantastic recreational centres galore with activities to fit every lifestyle:
• Over 500 acres of parkland at your disposal
• Hiking and biking trails near the Bay of Quinte and the Moira River
• The Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre’s Aquatic Centre offers a therapeutic pool, a lap pool, and a shallow pool for the kids
• Over 20 community-owned baseball diamonds
• Home to curling, boating, and rowing clubs
• Junior ice hockey team
• A local YMCA facility
Museums, Theatres, and Galleries
The Quinte area also offers a variety of cultural experiences, many free of charge:
• The Empire Square Live (Theatre)
• The Pinnacle Playhouse (Community theatre)
• The Quinte Symphony (Theatre)
• Quinte Arts Council (Art gallery)
• Gallery 121 (Non-profit art space)
During the summer months, nothing brings the Belleville community together quite like a food festival:
• Berrylicious (June): local restaurants present their best berry dishes for the public to judge
• Waterfront and Ethnic Festival (July): one of the festival’s highlights is the Ethnic Food Village, where festival-goers can eat their way around the world
• Quinte Ribfest (August): local barbeque restaurants come together for a weekend of finger-licking good barbeque ribs, pork, and chicken… even better: all proceeds benefit community youth programs
Between sports activities, relaxing cultural experiences, exciting food festivals, and incredible of course the beautiful Belleville Real Estate there is a lot to offer a new resident. Hopefully, this glimpse into the community lifestyle has helped you decide whether Belleville is the place for you.
If you are considering buying Real Estate in Belleville, or would like to learn more about the area, visit my contact page.